Friday, August 31, 2012

The start

Let me start by telling a bit about myself. I am a mother to 5 wonderful children. I have a 10 year old, Kyra, an almost 8 yr old Tristan, two 5 yr olds Reina and Gavin (who is my step son) and my newest addition Caleb who is almost 7 months old. I have been married to my husband for almost 2 years. Before that I was a single mother to my first 3 children.

I began my weight loss journey after my ex husband and I went out separate ways. I was at my heaviest at the time, which was around 160 lbs. I was miserable. I felt unattractive and fat. I started to work out, and started to feel empowered. It was one of the most amazing feelings in the world. A year after my daughter was born, I had managed to lose all the weight and was at the smallest I have ever been.

Then I met my husband, and became comfortable. I quite my job, and became a stay at home mother and the weight started piling back on. I did not care. I was happy and I knew my husband thought I was beautiful. I stopped working out and starting eating foods I knew that were bad for me. I got back up to 10 lbs under where I started years before. At that point I did not care. I knew I would be getting pregnant and just figured I would lose the weight after I had that baby. But looking back at my wedding photos...I am so mad at myself for not caring.

I ended up getting pregnant and packing on 30 lbs over the weight I already had gained. I was up to 185 lbs. Yikes!!! To me that was unacceptable. After I had my son, I was anxious to start working out again. But I had a c-section and had to wait a full 6 weeks to start. I was getting very inpatient, so before my 6 weeks were up I started walking and doing light exercise. After I got the ok from my doctor, it was on.
I began with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, and then switched to Zumba which by far is my favorite work out DVD ever.

I started to lose the weight quickly, getting down below my pre pregnancy weight within a month. Then I decided it was not enough. I wanted to become a runner. I had no clue where to start. So I decided to do the C25K program and buy a jogging stroller. It has been a slow start with the running but I am working on it. I signed up to my first 5k run in November, which sounded so much fun! I will be doing it with some great friends, and my brother. And to add icing to that cake I will be chased by zombies. What more can you ask for!

So the training has begun. Now that the kids are in school, I can go out 5 days a week for a run in the morning with my son in his jogging stroller. He enjoys it and I am getting the training in that I need.
Right now I need to work on motivation. I just got over a bout of pneumonia and had to take a week hiatus from working out. I lost all motivation, and due to coughing and inability to breathe, all that endurance is gone. So it is a slow start.

But here I am a mere 7 lbs from my ultimate goal of 125 lbs. I know I can do it. I just need to focus on eating better and getting back into the daily work outs!!

I will post some pictures of where I began and now. The difference makes me want to continue.

So that is the start, I will try and update as often as I can. I am hoping to be a continued motivation to myself and perhaps to others who are trying to lose weight as well.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'll add your blog to my blog list on my fitness page. My goal is also 125. 12 pounds to go! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress pictures and hearing more about your journey.

    ReplyDelete