Saturday, September 1, 2012

Today I realized just how much the pneumonia has affected me. The family and I went for a hike this afternoon, and by the end of it my chest was hurting. I felt like my lungs were going to explode. It was not a long hike, but did have a bunch hills that made it a bit tougher of a walk.

I am disappointed with myself and the progress I have made. And I have not been eating the best these days. Yesterday I ate way too much, and today I ate Long John Silvers which of course everything is fried. So I am sure I already ate well over my caloric intake. I need to get back in to eating healthier. Next weeks grocery shopping will be focused on good foods, and back to recipes for dinner.

I think what really got to me was when I went for a run yesterday. I barely made it through the run, where as before I was able to breeze right through it. I need to pick up the pace and really push myself. I need to make sure I pick healthier options. Tomorrow I will be going to a birthday party and I have to really try not to indulge on the food.

I know this is all very random, I am just trying to wrap my brain around how to get back on track. I also need to understand that one bad meal does not have to equal a bad day. I can just try harder for the next meal, the next work out.

Here are the pictures I promised I would post. One was taken at around 160 lbs back in May. And the next pictures were taken just a few days ago at 132 lbs.




1 comment:

  1. The before and after side shots are amazing! Good job! I just posted about my bad weekend. I made some bad choices and didn't do the workouts I had wanted to. But we just have to take it one day at a time. One bad meal or a bad day doesn't mean we have to throw in the towel.

    Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete